Discount

Denes Purnhauser

25 Nov, 2014 03:49 AM

Hi,

I have a plan with 250 monthly and 1500 upfront.

How could give a discount to the client like
$200 monthly and 500 upfront....

So the recurring discount is 20% off the upfront is 66% off

I would use the charge fault page....

Denes

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Marc Guyer on 25 Nov, 2014 05:06 PM

I suggest using a promotion for the recurring discount. Discounting the setup should probably be done manually by adding a custom credit to the initial invoice. This is not possible with the hosted signup page. I think you probably are doing this all manually right now anyway based on your earlier questions... Like I said before, you can create the customer and configure everything as you desire, then give the customer a link to update their account to add payment method.

2. 2 Posted by Denes Purnhause... on 25 Nov, 2014 05:12 PM

The promotion have a limitation to offer only “integer” based percentages…

Like I was not able to create any promotion from 698 to 449 because the % is not an integer.

It is weird I could pick the percentage as a drop down manu, but there are nothing to choose from like fix amount or something…. So I cannot set up this properly…

The second issue is the following.

1. I create a plan with 1$ starting next month so they have to give the payment info (unfortunately if it is a free plan the hosted page does not offer the possibility to give the cc info :-( )
    2. Then I go inside and move him from the free plan to the paid version. I use the coupon code if I want and so on. A, I cannot set the trackable items before I sign him up, so I could not give discounts based on trackable items, just after I signed him up… B, I cannot set a proper starting date of the contract. Like we have a signed contract it started 2 weeks ago, or it is going to start next week. How could I make sure the initial payment and the recurring one payment date is the first day of the contract which could be anything…

Denes

3. 3 Posted by Denes Purnhause... on 26 Nov, 2014 07:45 PM

Marc,

You have said that I could create a new user if the plan is not with immediate payment.

I have created such plan, but I still cannot submit the new user without payment info

Denes
    Check the pictures

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Marc Guyer on 01 Dec, 2014 01:53 PM

The promotion have a limitation to offer only “integer” based percentages…

Correct. Since you mentioned "20%", I thought that would be sufficient. We do not currently have a "fixed amount" promotion type.

You have said that I could create a new user if the plan is not with immediate payment. I have created such plan, but I still cannot submit the new user without payment info.

I see that you have the option "Require payment method on paid subscriptions" unchecked here:

https://cheddargetter.com/admin/configuration

Was that unchecked when you ran this test? I don't see any reason why this would require payment under your current config.

5. 5 Posted by Denes Purnhause... on 01 Dec, 2014 01:57 PM

Ok I was able to handle with tracked items!

thanks

6. Support Staff 6 Posted by Marc Guyer on 01 Dec, 2014 02:02 PM

That's great news Denes. Please let us know if we can help in the future.

7. Marc Guyer closed this discussion on 01 Dec, 2014 02:02 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM