Ogone configuration fails without explanation

simon

08 Mar, 2012 05:06 PM

Hi,

I am desperately trying to configure my CheddarGetter account to work with Ogone. I followed the procedure described here step by step: http://support.cheddargetter.com/kb/getting-started-19/configuring-....

I confirm that:
* DirectLink is activated in my Ogone account * Alias Manager is activated in my Ogone account * The user I am trying to use has "Admin" profile and "Special user for API" checked.

The only thing I get when I try to configure CG to work with Ogone is: "Failed updating Ogone settings. Ogone said:" which is pretty useless!

Can you help please? Is there anything I am missing? This is driving me crazy!

Thanks a lot!

1. 1 Posted by adam on 08 Mar, 2012 05:44 PM

Hi Simon,

We're going to look into this. I'm passing it on to the dev team who can look into it and better understand the error message.

Adam

2. 2 Posted by simon on 08 Mar, 2012 05:49 PM

Thx!

Don't hesitate to contact me if you need me for further testing.

3. 3 Posted by simon on 08 Mar, 2012 06:12 PM

OK, this is what I found in Ogone Technical Guide about DirectLink (https://secure.ogone.com/ncol/Ogone_DirectLink_EN.pdf):

IP address For each request, our system checks the IP address from which the request originates to ensure the
    requests are being sent from the merchant’s server. In the IP address field of the "Data and origin
    verification" tab, checks for DirectLink section of the Technical Information page of your account you
    must enter the IP address(es) or IP address range(s) of the servers that send your requests .
    If the IP address from which the request originates has not been declared in the IP address field of
    the "Data and origin verification" tab, checks for DirectLink section of the Technical Information page
    in your account, you will receive the error message “unknown order/1/i”. The IP address the request
    was sent from will also be displayed in the error message

So I guess I have to enter CG IP address in my Ogone account in the section mentionned above.
    Question is... What is the IP CG uses to communicate with Ogone?

4. 4 Posted by adam on 08 Mar, 2012 06:26 PM

Ok, you can do an IP address lookup on the Cheddargetter.com domain to find

5. 5 Posted by simon on 08 Mar, 2012 06:31 PM

I tried this. IP for cheddargetter.com is 67.23.4.246 but it does not work. I also tried with 0.0.0.0/0 and it does not work neither. So I guess the problem does not come from here...

6. Support Staff 6 Posted by Marc Guyer on 08 Mar, 2012 11:53 PM

Hi Simon -- Thanks for your patience and sorry for the blank error message. Our credential validation expects an error message from Ogone's API but in this particular case, none is returned, only a code. My research shows that the error is due to "Unknown IP address origin" which is a fancy way of saying that the IP isn't set or is incorrect. The IP is actually 67.23.3.70. Yes, the default IP for cheddargetter.com is 67.23.4.246 but the IP you'll need to enter in Ogone is 67.23.3.70. Please give that a try and let me know. Thanks again!

7. 7 Posted by simon on 09 Mar, 2012 09:58 AM

Thx Mark.

I gave it another try with the IP 67.23.3.70 but it still does not work. Error message is still as explicit! ^
    Can you check the logs again to see if something else is failing?

Suggestion for improvement: maybe you could display the error messages AND codes in the interface so that we can investigate this kind of erros w/o bothering support! ;)

8. Support Staff 8 Posted by Marc Guyer on 09 Mar, 2012 10:09 AM

Hi Simon -- Now the error code is 50001111 (without a message). According to Ogone's docs, this is "Data validation error". So, it's something different which is good news but that error code seems to be a catch-all. Maybe Ogone support can shed some light on that.

9. 9 Posted by simon on 09 Mar, 2012 10:21 AM

OK I am also in contact with Ogone support to try understand the issue. I'll keep you posted as soon as I have some news.

Thx you for your help until now!

10. Support Staff 10 Posted by Marc Guyer on 09 Mar, 2012 10:26 AM

Hi again -- There seems to be something unusual about your Ogone account. It seems that for every API error response, Ogone is responding with an abbreviated error which does not include a message but only the code. We've not seen this before and other accounts with the same error code include the message. You might also inquire with Ogone support about that issue.

11. 11 Posted by simon on 09 Mar, 2012 10:49 AM

@all: this is something you have to configure in Ogone.

Go to Technical information > Transaction feedback. Scroll to Directlink/Dynamic Parameters and select all parameters. Then your error messages will be included!

Now I have: "Failed updating Ogone settings. Ogone said: Some of the data entered is incorrect. Please retry." Which is reeeeeallly helpful! :D

12. 12 Posted by simon on 09 Mar, 2012 11:30 AM

Rhaaaa! It finaly works! Their support told me they had password error. I was using the password generated by Ogone for my API user but it seems this pwd does not work! Now I changed it manually and it works!

Thx for your help!

13. 13 Posted by simon on 09 Mar, 2012 11:33 AM

Suggestion of improvement for your "Configuring Ogone" tutorial.

1. DON'T use the default password provided by Ogone for your API user. It simply does not work (and Ogone recommends changing it). Change this password MANUALLY by going to Password section and selecting your API user UserID.
    2. Go to Technical information > Transaction feedback. Scroll to Directlink/Dynamic Parameters and select all parameters. It will improve the quality of error messages you receive from Ogone.
  14. 14 Posted by simon on 09 Mar, 2012 11:34 AM

And

1. Go to Technical information > Data and origin verification. Scroll to Checks for Ogone DirectLink and Ogone Batch (Automatic) and add 67.23.3.70 to the list of authorized IP addresses.
  15. Support Staff 15 Posted by Marc Guyer on 13 Mar, 2012 02:22 PM

Thanks Simon -- We've updated the docs according to your suggestions.

16. Marc Guyer closed this discussion on 13 Mar, 2012 02:22 PM.

17. simon re-opened this discussion on 13 Mar, 2012 02:35 PM

18. 16 Posted by simon on 13 Mar, 2012 02:35 PM

Great! :)

19. Marc Guyer closed this discussion on 13 Mar, 2012 04:38 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac