Accounting Prep

Garrett Mintz

05 May, 2017 12:23 PM

Hi Cheddargetter,

I don't know if you already do this (and if you do, I apologize for the suggestion), but have you considered providing accounting management services? I feel like accounting management is such a crowded space and with the increased need to do business online and have the services you provide in terms of the help you provide with subscription payments, I believe that if you offered a simple accounting management tool that you could completely cut out that next layer of quickbooks, freshbooks, etc. Obviously you would need your users to update and input their expenses, but you already have all or much of their income information. I am just suggesting a simple balance sheet for tax purposes. You could use the expense data from your customers to populate banner ads relevant to those expenses if you were interested in a revenue stream that way. You could also notice trends of expenses from your customers and potentially create solutions for them that way.

Just a thought. Would love to know what you think about it.

Sincerely,

Garrett

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Meghan Turner on 05 May, 2017 03:47 PM

Hi Garrett,

Thanks for the feedback. One of the product philosophies of the Cheddar team has always been to focus our time and development resources on doing what we do best, recurring billing and subscription management. Adding a native accounting system is out of our scope for the time being, but we'll keep it in mind.

That being said, we do understand that being able to track and manage your revenue is essential. One of the reasons we have our web hooks feature and integration with Zapier is help our customers automate the process of updating external accounting systems with their revenue information from CG. You can use hooked events, like the transaction event, to trigger updates in external accounting systems like Quickbooks or Freshbooks.

Let me know if you have any other questions, Garrett.

Meghan

2. Marcela Poffald closed this discussion on 11 Apr, 2018 04:03 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac