Suspending subscriptions

akjackson1

04 Jul, 2013 04:18 PM

We would like to offer our customers the option to suspend their weekly subscription if they were to go on holidays, but continue upon return. Is this possible? Even if it must be done manually that's ok. However, entering the payment information again would be a hassle.

1. 1 Posted by Dean on 04 Jul, 2013 07:50 PM

Hi Adam -- Yes you can achieve this a number of ways but I'd recommend using our promotion/coupon system.This wouldn't 'suspend' the subscription but you could essentially suspend their payments.

Another option is to downgrade them to a free plan until they are ready to restart their paid subscription. Then, simply upgrade them back the their original plan when they return from holiday.

2. 2 Posted by akjackson1 on 04 Jul, 2013 08:39 PM

Hi Dean, thanks for getting back on that. I was wondering though, if I downgrade them to a free plan will the billing information have to be entered again?

3. 3 Posted by Dean on 05 Jul, 2013 01:12 AM

Hi Adam -- Their payment information should persist through the plan changes.

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Marc Guyer on 05 Jul, 2013 01:53 PM

Hi Adam -- You might also choose to simply push back their current invoice date, effectively extending the current billing period to the chosen date. This is a good option because it requires that the customer choose when they want to start paying again rather than leaving it open-ended and easier for the customer to not come back.

5. Jess Pendley closed this discussion on 21 Nov, 2013 07:45 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM