Pre-existing Authorize.net recurring billing

will

15 Jul, 2010 03:32 PM

Hey I'm really impressed with CheddarGetter and want to start using it to manage recurring memberships on my website. Here's my question. We already have a bunch of users set up in Authorize.net's recurring billing system. Is there a way to import all of these people from authorize.net into CheddarGetter. Or would I have to delete them all from Authorize.net and start over with CheddarGetter?

Thanks...

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Marc Guyer on 15 Jul, 2010 07:55 PM

Hey Will -- We have the same question. I've got a support request registered with authorize.net to see if we can get a straight answer. I suspect it's possible. I'm just not sure how forthcoming they'll be.

Oh, and by the way, we thing CheddarGetter is pretty cool too. Thanks!

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Marc Guyer on 16 Jul, 2010 08:24 PM

I finally received a response from Authorize.net:

Greetings Marc,

We have received your question about CIM.

You can not use an ARB subscription to create a CIM profile. You would have the create the CIM profile separately.

Well, there you have it. If you get them on the phone, you might be able to work something out with them to get CC's transfered to CIM profiles. However, on the surface, it appears to be unsupported.

Worst case scenario, you'd need to require that your customers reenter their payment information.

3. Marc Guyer closed this discussion on 16 Jul, 2010 08:24 PM.

4. will re-opened this discussion on 19 Jul, 2010 04:32 PM

5. 3 Posted by will on 19 Jul, 2010 04:32 PM

Hey Marc,

Thanks for the info. Even if I have to set up a page that asks them to re-enter their credit card info, that wouldn't be the end of the world. I'm loving CheddarGetter though. I think this will save our billing department a TON of time and hassle.

6. Support Staff 4 Posted by Marc Guyer on 19 Jul, 2010 07:36 PM

This workflow could be identical to that which the customer would use to update their payment information in the event of an expired card, for example. You might just consider some slightly different messaging when the customer had an active subscription but must update their information to continue.

7. Marc Guyer closed this discussion on 19 Jul, 2010 07:36 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM