Chained Payments

Andrew GG

15 Mar, 2017 05:01 PM

Hello

We are looking for merchant service for our web site to built it in shopping cart instead of the one we have now.
We collect money and want to send it to at least 3 users
For example I collect $100 and(50%) $50 goes to the wholesaler
(37.5%)$37.50 to the retailer and (12.5%) $12.50 to me Does your system allow this.
Please confirm the splits are all done by % amount ( and not $ amount)
I want to confirm that there would not be double billing
i.e that I wouldn't have to pay a charge on the money for the wholesaler and that they would then have to pay an additional amount when they got their share.
The other main piece I'm interested in is your integration with accounting systems.
Which do you connect to and do any of these allow that when they generate a 30 day overdue notice that it includes a paylink where the receiver may click and pay the overdue amount which would then update the accounting program.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Meghan Turner on 15 Mar, 2017 07:03 PM

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for reaching out to us about CheddarGetter! On your first question, for the use case you're describing, you probably need a special kind of merchant account called a marketplace merchant account. Marketplaces allow you to disburse money between multiple parties. Although CheddarGetter itself doesn't provide this type of merchant account, we work with other payment processors who do.

Our favorite marketplace provider that's compatible with CheddarGetter is Assembly Payments. To see if your use case would be a good fit for their services, you can reach out to their team at https://assemblypayments.com/contact/. Once you've been approved for a marketplace account, we can help you connect that marketplace with CheddarGetter and you can use our platform to manage your customer's recurring payments.

On your question about accounting systems integrations, CG is integrated with Zapier, an application that allows you to set-up custom integrations between CG and a variety of different accounting platforms (like Quickbooks, Xero, and Freshbooks, to name a few). Since you can create custom Zaps, you can essentially make them do whatever you'd like. You can read more about how Zapier works with our robust webhooks feature here.

You may also want to use our native customer communication system which automates the process of sending payment receipts and account notifications to your customers via email. You can learn more about that system in our Email Notifications Knowledge Base article.

Let me know if you have any other questions, Andrew. Thanks again for considering CheddarGetter!

Meghan

2. Marcela Poffald closed this discussion on 11 Apr, 2018 04:03 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM