Can i make a Hosted Page with a secured connection?

Zachary Burr

09 Nov, 2016 10:18 PM

When customers enter credit card information, the web browser automatically disables automatic credit card entry because it says "automatic credit card filling is disabled because this form does not use a secure connection." I have the hosted page embedded into my website and really don't want that message to pop up when users are inputting their credit card infoand I want to give them the ability to automatically enter their info. Is there anyway to make the hosted page be on a secured connection so that message goes away?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Meghan Turner on 10 Nov, 2016 03:10 PM

Hi Zach,

I'm looking into this. Get back to you shortly!

Meghan

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Meghan Turner on 10 Nov, 2016 04:20 PM

Hi Zach,

The hosted payment pages are secured by SSL. I think you're getting this message because something else on the web page where you've embedded the hosted page isn't secure. To avoid having the browser disable automatic credit card entry, you can secure your web page or you can re-direct your customers to the hosted payment pages on sign-up instead of embedding it within a page of your site.

Also, in case you haven't seen it yet, you can check-out our Hosted Payment Page Set-Up Guide in the Knowledge Base for more detailed information about the functionality of hosted pages.

Hope that helps. Let me know if we can answer any other questions for you!

Meghan

3. Marcela Poffald closed this discussion on 11 Apr, 2018 04:00 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM