User Permissions

james call

27 Apr, 2016 10:14 PM

How can we setup users to have different access?

We have some people who do invoicing, but really don't need to know about all of our income is there a way to access what information they have access to?

Thanks

1. 1 Posted by Drew Songer on 28 Apr, 2016 02:16 PM

Hi James,

You can add users and manage them here. Additionally, we have a Managing Users & Administrators Guide that explains best practice. I think the Users and Support section is particularly important.

With regards to user permissions, the difference in access between an owner, administrator, and user is not very drastic. We have discussed adding more restrictive permissions roles in the past, but this feature improvement has not been prioritized. If this is essential for you, we could discuss accelerating development. Additionally, we would love to hear about what kind of user permissions you think are most valuable.

Best,
    Drew

2. 2 Posted by james call on 28 Apr, 2016 04:27 PM

Drew,

This is a big deal to us.

We have been using PayPal. People who bill there can send out invoices, but they can't see balances and amounts. I think that having someone help with billing who can see all the amounts you have ever charged in your whole company is a big issue.

Think about if you hired me to do some billing for some work you folks had done. I am a new dude who may or may not end up working out for you during my 90 day trial period. But... to have me bill, you have to give me access to your complete sales history since you started your company.

That seems a little excessive.

I think there has to be a "need-to-know" thought for this. If they are just billing, then they see the names of clients and they can send invoices and see if those are paid. Or they can setup subscriptions and follow up with those, but not see the dashboard.

I guess that is the real issue. Who can see the dashboard?

You can do whatever, but not see the dashboard would be perfect.

Thanks,

James

3. Drew Songer closed this discussion on 28 Apr, 2016 06:45 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM