EXTERNAL METHOD

christina frankola

29 Sep, 2015 10:11 PM

I just saw the EXTERNAL METHOD as a payment option. Please advise what that is -- when I search the knowledge base, I don't get any results.
Can I email and invoice clients via this feature and they can pay by check?

1. 1 Posted by Drew Songer on 02 Oct, 2015 04:06 PM

Hi Christina,

What you are seeing is the first installment of a feature we are calling External Payments. This feature will allow you to accommodate for payment methods other than credit card.

The first release includes the ability to set a customer to have an external payment method. Customers with this external method will be billed, but not transacted inside the CheddarGetter platform. Instead, invoices for customers with an external payment method will be automatically marked as paid.

This allows you to use an external method while still consolidating billing and pricing. It also allows you to report key subscription metrics regarding external payments on the CheddarGetter dashboard. When invoices are billed for external payment method customers, we still fire the subscription billable hook. That hook can be used to insert invoice data into your external system. Additionally, this allows you to take advantage tracked item overage/access control -- Same pricing plan for CC and External customers.

We’ll be rolling out additional functionality that will allow you to have multiple external payment methods and associate different data collection fields per method. We’ll also be including new API calls to manage external systems, and new GUI for managing external payments in bulk.

As we make these upgrades, your feedback is critical. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us and let us know how we can best make integrating external payments as effortless as possible.

We understand that this feature is not yet well documented; however, we are currently working on some documentation that we will continue to update as functionality evolves.

Best,
    Drew

2. 2 Posted by christina frank... on 05 Oct, 2015 04:16 PM

can I email the invoice to a client that has the payment method "External?"

3. 3 Posted by christina frank... on 05 Oct, 2015 04:22 PM

So I've been playing with this feature...if I have to refund a client who paid via external, it's currently not supported...a way around that for the time being?

4. 4 Posted by Drew Songer on 05 Oct, 2015 07:36 PM

Hi Christina,

This first installment does not include functionality to send invoices. By default our system sends out billing reminders and receipt emails rather than what would typically be labeled as an invoice. Therefore, we will be working on a new way to handle communications for external payments in future installments.

On the other hand, the transaction hook is still sent and can be used to send invoices from an external system(maybe your accounting software).

Best,
    Drew

5. Drew Songer closed this discussion on 21 Jan, 2016 06:35 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM