One of our customers is complaining that emailed receipts are not good enough to serve as invoices

Brandon Elliott

16 Apr, 2015 11:33 AM

She claims that emailed receipts are not invoices and demands that we provide her actual invoices. She contacted CheddarGetter directly and says that she was told that we were supposed to provide her invoices. What was she told exactly? Was there a miscommunication? I am not aware of any invoices other than the emailed receipts? I am unwilling to manually send the customer anything.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Marc Guyer on 16 Apr, 2015 02:21 PM

Hi Brandon -- We strictly do not support our merchants' customers directly. I've attached you to that thread here:

http://support.cheddargetter.com/discussions/general/11633-chat-hi-...

She claims that emailed receipts are not invoices and demands that we provide her actual invoices.

Some governments have strict rules for financial record keeping. I see that Karol contacted us from Kuala Terengganu, Malaysia (MY). So, that could be the catalyst of this request.

I've never heard of a printed email containing the invoice details to fail to fulfill any government requirement. Perhaps the problem is some missing information, not the format. For example, some of our European merchants have modified their email receipt template to include additional information like customer billing address. I see that you're using CG's old {$invoice.ascillLayout} convenience variable that outputs a canned invoice in ascii art. Many of our international merchants have found that to be inadequate.

Our team is currently putting the finishing touches on a new invoice layout in html that will be a significant improvement over {$invoice.ascillLayout}. One of the goals of that project is to fulfill global requirements of the invoice content.

We can help improve your specific email templates as well. Once the new default content is available, it will be trivial for you to revert your template content to use the new defaults. Beyond that, we can write your template content for you to your specifications for a simple hourly rate.

In the meantime, perhaps your client can provide some additional detail regarding why the current content of the invoice in the email is inadequate for her purposes. We're not exactly experts on Malaysian law but we want here to be happy.

2. 2 Posted by Brandon Elliott on 17 Apr, 2015 11:32 AM

It turns out that this customer also pays with Paypal and so her "bill to" information is not output on her invoice. She needs the following information on her invoices:

ColibriTool Sp. z o.o.
    ul. Mokotowska 1, 00-640 Warszawa
    KRS: 0000462783 NIP: 5213649112

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Marc Guyer on 20 Apr, 2015 03:45 PM

Thanks Brandon -- I've added this information for you. FYI, you can send billing address to CG no matter what the payment method is.

4. Brandon Elliott closed this discussion on 01 Apr, 2016 06:40 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM