Seamlessly move from PayPal Standard to Payments pro

Alan Moss

21 Aug, 2014 08:08 AM

We are currently configured and running using PayPal Standard, and our site is integrated with CheddarGetter via your API. What is the best way move to Payments Pro without any down time or issues? Once we upgrade our PayPal account will CheddarGetter stop working with it until we reconfigure it?

Thanks in advance
Alan

1. 1 Posted by Jess Pendley on 21 Aug, 2014 01:39 PM

Hi Alan --

It will be a relatively seamless process. What you are doing in essence is adding PayPal Pro as your gateway in addition to PayPal standard. So while that's being provisioned you will still be able to accept normal PayPal payments.

However, you will need to upgrade to our "Blowing Up" plan before you can start using PayPal Pro to accept direct credit card payments.

Once you've upgraded to PayPal Pro and are ready to provision, just let me know and we'll help get you started.

2. 2 Posted by Alan Moss on 26 Aug, 2014 11:58 AM

Hi Jess,

Thanks for this. I have been looking through the PHP wrapper and saw this paypalRevert() - could you let me know what this does?

Thanks
    Alan

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Marc Guyer on 26 Aug, 2014 09:07 PM

Hi Alan -- The paypal revert functionality is an undocumented and as yet not fully supported method to revert an aborted paypal preapproval. An aborted preapproval can happen if a new customer starts signing up but doesn't finish (the revert method deletes the customer record) or if an existing customer starts to update their preapproval but doesn't complete it. In the latter, if the customer already had a preapproval in good standing, the subscription is reverted to the old preapproval, otherwise an error is returned "The subscription is not revertable".

4. 4 Posted by Alan Moss on 27 Aug, 2014 08:16 AM

Great, thanks Marc. I was hoping that would be the way it would work.

5. Jess Pendley closed this discussion on 27 Aug, 2014 01:08 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM