Customer updated payment method but account was never activated again

Dave Weaver

18 Oct, 2016 02:34 PM

I have a customer that had their account canceled because of an expired credit card. After the account was canceled, the customer entered in valid credit card info but the account was never re-activated. How can I re-activate that account without asking the customer for their credit card info again, instead use the payment method on file? The customer is Lawson Ellinor. The customer code is 76d75b11-e64e-4e9d-bf43-48a26cf1c49e.

Thanks,
Dave

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Meghan Turner on 18 Oct, 2016 03:24 PM

Hi Dave,

Here's the link to the customer account I'm looking at in reference to your question https://cheddargetter.com/admin/customers/get/id/4be47573-ca54-11e3.... It looks like this account was canceled for too many card declines on their last invoice, not an expired payment method, so just wanted to make sure we're talking about the same customer.

We checked our logs and it doesn't appear that this customer actually updated their card information. To re-activate the customer you'll either have to have them re-enter their payment method on your customer update page or you could attempt to run the outstanding invoice on their account. If the outstanding invoice is successfully transacted, the account will be re-activated with the payment method they currently have on file.

Meghan

2. 2 Posted by Dave Weaver on 18 Oct, 2016 03:30 PM

Thanks. How do I "attempt to run the outstanding invoice on their account"?

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Meghan Turner on 18 Oct, 2016 03:32 PM

If you're in the customer's account and click on the outstanding invoice, it will take you to a page with more detail about that specific invoice (here's the link https://cheddargetter.com/admin/invoices/get/id/1f21ef5c-08d7-11e6-...). All you need to do is click the button at the bottom of the page that says run invoice.

Meghan

4. Marcela Poffald closed this discussion on 11 Apr, 2018 04:00 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM