Webhook Configuration

Imran Khan

02 Jun, 2016 04:27 PM

Hi,
We are testing this application with our online application, planning to go live as soon as our integration issues are resolved.

Currently we are facing issue to integrate weebhook in our application I have created a table in my database, based on the event I want to fill following values in our database
• Customer-Id (Reference Number), • Customer Name, • Organization, • Phone, • Email, • Product Selected, • Activation Date, • Expiry Date etc
Kindly guide how CheddarGetter can fill this information on every event like subscription, renewal, cancelation, component addition etc
Please share some working example/ code to use webhook using REST service.

Thanks

1. 1 Posted by Imran Khan on 02 Jun, 2016 05:18 PM

Hi,
    I have configured your webhook using a REST service in my application, but I am getting blank data from you webhook on events "Transaction" & "New Subscription" Kindly guide how to extract data from these webhooks. Thanks

2. 2 Posted by Drew Songer on 02 Jun, 2016 07:54 PM

Here are examples for verifying a CheddarGetter webhook.

Is this what you are looking for?

3. 3 Posted by Imran Khan on 02 Jun, 2016 08:10 PM

Dear Mr. Songer,

Thanks for your reply & sharing these examples, but kindly share some RESTful service example or Java example to verify the webhook?

Can you please verify in which format data is sent by webhook?

I have configured a RESTful service to capture data from CheddarGetter. On testing my URL, I am getting a success activity under Webhook but I am unable to get the output/data from triggered webhook (Transaction, New Subscription)

Kindly guide me to resolve these integration issues.

Best Regards,

Muhammad Imran Khan

00971 50 998 4727

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Marc Guyer on 03 Jun, 2016 02:58 PM

Hi there --

We do not have knowledge of a Java example but the principles of how to receive and validate the hook data is simple and spelled out in the documentation as well as in the other examples. Once you get something working, would you like to contribute that as the Java example for our documentation?

My one suggestion for you, since you're using Java, is to use the application/json format option instead of the application/x-www-form-urlencoded format. The HTTP request will be received by your listener with header Content-type: application/json and the POST body will be the JSON data. You app can then decode the JSON and operate on it as you see fit.

5. 5 Posted by Muhammad Aslam on 03 Jun, 2016 03:55 PM

Dear Marc,

Thanks for reply. Please can you help to configure the billing system, integration and payment gateway. We will signup immediately. We can pay setup fee, if any.

Quick reply will be highly appreciated.

Best Regards

Muhammad Aslam

6. Meghan Turner closed this discussion on 25 Jul, 2016 04:12 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM